In her happy new year press release, the the Dean of Students Methodist University Dr Esther Ambaabu has encourage all students to adopt a style of dressing and appearance that would be acceptable in the various fields of work and society in general.
“All students are required to comply with the University code of dressing Section .21) and wear appropriate attire during study, at meal times in the dining hall, and in all university functions.” The statement seen by the Nairobi Independent read in part.
According to the Dean of Students, the following, though not exhaustive, would be considered as inappropriate dress and/ or appearance
- 3:20:1-Rasta/ dreadlocks (Wear properly groomed hair)
- 3:20:2- Plaited hair.
- 3:20:3- Earrings.
- 3:20:4 – Untucked shirts.
- 3:20:5- Vests that show bare chest
- 3:20:6-Hats/caps in classes and offices.
Female Students 3:20:7-Below is prohibited:
- Tumbo cut (exposing their belly and naval)
- Bare backs. (exposing their backs)
- Miniskirts (any skirt above the knee line).
- A skirt whose slits is above knee line.
- Dresses / blouse with neckline running down more than 4 inches.
- Body tight trousers.
- See through clothes.