City thug killed after attacking helpless woman – reports.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
City thug killed after attacking helpless woman – reports.

Detectives based at DCI Starehe, were on Tuesday 4th in the morning gunned down a notorious thug who was the head of a gang trying to establish its fiefdom in Mathare and its environs, following the anihilation of the infamous Katombi gang that was completely wiped out from the area last year.

City thug killed after attacking helpless woman – reports.

Charles Gitau Mwangi alias Baroda, 22, who has been on the detectives’ radar for the past few weeks, according to DCI statement was fatally wounded in a barrage of gunfire, after he defied orders to surrender and attacked one of detective men from DCI.

“The detectives who were responding to distress calls of Uuuuuwi! Uuuuuwi! Wezi! Ndio hao! from distressed members of the public went after ‘Baroda’ and two of his accomplices at breakneck speed, with the thumping of their boots pounding against the ground grudgingly as they breathed down the suspects neck.” The reports says.

The thugs were escaping from a scene of crime at Mlango Kubwa, where they had attacked a woman headed at work at around 8am and took away her mobile phone and other valuables leaving her wailing in anguish.

After jumping over a few puddles of stagnant water as the thugs headed towards Muthaiga bridge, the battle hardened crime busters credited for ridding Mathare, Huruma and Pangani off criminal gangs, hastened Baroda’s appointment with his creator, after he defied orders to surrender and turned on the officers with a home made firearm capable of firing and a dagger.

This is after he turned on the officer leading the charge closely behind him and opened fire missing his head by a whisker, prompting the officer to return fire and stop the shenanigans with finality!

“The deceased’s accomplices were lucky to escape the onslaught narrowly but with bullet injuries and incase they survive, will live to give a true testimony of the miracle of their survival.” DCI added.

Meanwhile, a firearm capable of firing, 2 rounds of 9mm calibre, a knife and the stolen mobile phone were recovered from the fallen suspect.